Thursday, 5 September 2013

Angel by LA Weatherly

Angel by LA Weatherly (Book 1: Angel Trilogy)
First Published: October 2010
Source: Purchased
Angels are all around us: beautiful, awe-inspiring, irresistible.
Ordinary mortals yearn to catch a glimpse of one of these stunning beings and thousands flock to The Church of Angels to feel their healing touch.But what if their potent magnetism isn't what it seems?Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars.Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. But she has no idea where she gets this power from.
Until she meets Alex…Alex is one of the few who know the truth about angels. He knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her.The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous – and irresistible.In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.

Angel by LA Weatherly was a book that I thoroughly enjoyed, I never thought I would like the book as much as what I did. I’m not a fan of the whole Angels thing.

This book, what can I say? It was love at first chapter! I really enjoyed finding out about all the little tit-bits in the book and how they were related and I liked finding out about the characters and what drove them to do what they did do. I really liked the way in which the characters where dimensional and had different opinions and I loved the whole bad angel vibe that was going on for most of the book. Who doesn't like a bad boy (or maybe a bad angel?)?

We have to talk about Alex, I hated him to start with for the way he was treating Willow, but as the story continued I really ended up feeling for him (and loving everything about him) and could see why he did what he did do. I also feel that as a character I saw more of a change in him. Willow for me tended to stay the same throughout, she stands up for what she believes in and protects those that are close to her. She is a really great character in anyone’s eyes.

The plot was fast paced from the get go and I feel that this was a blessing for the book. I felt that it needed the action throughout as it would have been one slow read had the action not been in the book. Talking of the plot however I felt that the ending was pretty pointless! I just felt that we went on a full circle and that Willow shouldn't have been pressurized into doing something that everyone around her thought could harm her or the others. I felt that the book had ended before this point and I do feel that it was added as a little bit of filler to both show what a good person Willow is/so the book would have a little more content. Don’t let this discourage you though as I still really enjoyed the book and the story.


This book is a must read if you haven’t read a angel book in a while and are looking for something a little different from the usual kind of angel novels. I cannot wait for to read the second book in this series and will hopefully get to it really soon. I can not wait!

1 comment:

  1. OUAT is written by the people who wrote for LOST, so if you liked that show, you will certainly love this show. It gives a twist on familiar fairy tales and this episode, the Queen of Hearts, (mother of The Evil Queen) begins her plan to drag her daughter back down the evil path. I think the writing is clever and I have been watching since season one. The trouble is that there are so many shows that are on TV, on Sunday louis vuitton replica, that our family was fighting over which one to record. I remember when my DISH coworker told replica handbags me about how the Hopper DVR was coming out at CES and the PrimeTime Anytime feature hermes outlet records six shows at once, on the four major networks, during primetime hours. I got one right away and fendi outlet now my family watches what they want when they want to, while I don have to settle any more fights.

    ReplyDelete