Thursday, 24 January 2013

Breathe, Sarah Crossan

Breathe
Sarah Crossan
First Published: October 2012

Alina has been stealing for a long time. She's a little jittery, but not terrified. All she knows is that she's never been caught before. If she's careful, it'll be easy. If she's careful.

Quinn should be worried about Alina and a bit afraid for himself, too, but even though this is dangerous, it's also the most interesting thing to happen to him in ages. It isn't every day that the girl of your dreams asks you to rescue her.

Bea wants to tell him that none of this is fair; they'd planned a trip together, the two of them, and she'd hoped he'd discover her out here, not another girl.

And as they walk into the Outlands with two days' worth of oxygen in their tanks, everything they believe will be shattered. Will they be able to make it back?


I was really excited when I first heard that Breathe was coming out, it seemed really intriguing and my kind of book, I at once wanted to read it. I don't know why it has taken until now to finally read it as I have had is since September, however I am glad I waited as I don't think I could stand waiting a year to read the second book (Legend I'm looking at you when I say this).

So the plot was fast paced and there was a great cast of characters, I found it hard to put this book down and wanted it to go on for so much longer. While I did enjoy the book for the most part I did have a smallish issue with it, I wanted more action, I wanted a bigger battle scene. It seemed that the main battle was over within a few minutes, also the timing was a little bit off, how could someone go from being in the heat of a battle outside the Pod to back in the Pod within a couple of hours when it took some characters days to get to? There was no real consistency I suppose.

The characters were a huge plus in my book, they really engaged and the development really grew as the book progressed. I felt that I really got to know the characters and I feel in part this was down to the way the chapters were set out.

I found the world building really easy to follow and could actually picture the way the world looked. One problem I found difficult to picture was the air masks needed to stay alive on the outside, I don't really understand the whole air tank thing, it seemed like they didn't need big bottles of air, which I thought they would.

Overall I really enjoyed this book, the characters were stunning and so was the plot. I really can't wait for the next book in this awesome trilogy.

1 comment:

  1. Here's the final, major step you can take to protect rolex submariner replica yourself from ATM skimmers -- be wary of the card slot. Fake card readers will swipe and record the personal louis vuitton outlet data on your debit card. If thieves also obtain your PIN number, your debit card has been compromised. Because the fake card readers have to fit over the original slot, there are a few ways you louis vuitton outletlouis vuitton outlet can check for them.

    ReplyDelete