Thursday, 1 November 2012

The Wolf Princess

The Wolf Princess
Cathryn Constable
First Published: October 2012

Alone in the world, Sophie dreams of being someone special, but she could never have imagined this. On a school trip to Russia, Sophie and her two friends find themselves on the wrong train. They are rescued by the beautiful Princess Anna Volkonskaya, who takes them to her winter palace and mesmerizes them with stories of lost diamonds and a tragic past. But as night falls and wolves prowl, Sophie discovers more than dreams in the crumbling palace of secrets.
 
I'll start off by stating the obvious I loved this book, it was perfect for the cold, dark, windy nights and one that many will enjoy. It will transport you from wherever you are reading it to the cold snowy peaks in the Russian forest. 

I was a little wary to start with thinking it was going to be to young for me to read but I am pleased to say that it was a book I thoroughly enjoyed and one that I will read again in the future. I felt asthough I had been transported back to the first time I read The Lion, The Witch and The Waredobe, that doesn't happen often and it takes something special for me to fully feel that way.

I loved the story and finding out about Sophie, I loved her group of friends and how they supported her, I could find no fault in the writing style and found it to absorb me and make me want to read more and more. I feel that it would be the perfect book for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. The employees may not know it but they are louis vuitton outlet an important part of Batman. Wayne uses his fortune to fight crime and take on villains like Scarecrow replica louis vuitton and Joker. When Wayne uses a take over attempt to find out information on criminal links to business, his louis vuitton replica employees do his legwork. Doug in Accounting goes from being the annoying guy who chews too loud in the cube next to you to letting the Bat crash through a window and punch out some replica handbags bad guys. Lucius Fox also seems like a pretty cool boss, too.

    ReplyDelete