Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Pushing The Limits

Pushing the Limits
Katie McGarry
First Published: August 2012

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
 I loved this book, I loved the story and the characters. This book was everything I wanted it to be and more, maybe I am a little bias as I love realistic fiction anyway but I really loved the way the relationship went from strength to strength even when you thought it wasn't going to work, everything came together.

I loved Noah, probably more than just a little, I felt as the book went on I got to know the real him, which I am sad to say I didn't really feel that kind of connection with Echo. I feel Echo while she had her fair share of problems didn't really help the situation, where I feel Noah would do anything for his brothers, even if it meant not getting his own way. 

The dialogue between Noah and Echo I really enjoyed, it seemed to just flow, you didn't have one person over the top in love with the other. It was a gradual thing, this helped the story as well, as the characters had a chance to find out about eachother's problems as well as try and find solutions for their own. With the story I did feel there was a bit of filler information thrown in there to make the story longer. I don't think every little detail that happened in the book needed to be there but it didn't make me stop reading.

Overall I loved this book, I was emotional a lot through the book, crying at more than one point. I think if a book can deliver like that and really make you think it is a winner. It is a book that I will re-read again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment