Thursday, 28 June 2012

Fallen

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.






I really didn't know whether to post this review or not, I didn't like this book to the point that I do think I hate it. I've decided to post it as I want this blog to air my full opinions and be as truthful as I can.

I really wanted to like this book, I enjoyed the premise and thought that the setting was more than perfect, however I was let down by a number of factors, first was the lack of character development right through to the supposed love story.

Luce could of easily been a character that I would love, yet she had no personality, it was as if she needed to be there. I also didn't like the sudden attraction to Daniel, what is it about insta-love? I hate it, I like relationships to devolop and just didn't find this one going anywhere from the start. Daniel did his best to stay completly away from Luce, he wanted nothing to do with her and treated her like crap if I'm being honest, but it seemed that he could do no wrong in Luce's eye. It was really fake and annoyed the life out of me.

The plot moved at a super slow pace, though I will admit that I found myself reading quite a number of pages a night, which for a book I don't really like is surprising, I think this is due to the fact that it is wrote in a fantastic way. I love the writing style and think that if the author was going to write another book along the same lines I hope that she fastens the pace up and keeps to the writing style she used in this book.

I enjoyed the setting, it's somewhere I wouldn't really want to go, but for the story I think it would work, the only downside is that the book was pretty poor.

I know that this book gets a lot of love and a lot of hate, I guess it is just going to be one of those books that you think was fantastic or one that you think was awful. I don't understand how there are another three books in this series, one was enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment