Friday, 11 May 2012

Follow Friday



Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother’s Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

The only person I can really think of at the moment is Molly Weasley and her relationship with all her children. She was there for all of them at one point or another and I really enjoyed some of the syaing she would come out with, she was strict yet she loved each of them in their own little way.
Also I found the relationship between Day and his mother touching in Legend, though she doesn't even know he is alive he does so much for her and his family. Even when she found out who he really was she still loved him just as much.
I don't think in many YA book the relationship with the parents is clear, you never really seem to see them much, it's always about the child going off and doing what they want. I really want more books that focus on the relationship between parents and children, I think it is an important role.


I am also taing part in TGIF hosted by GReads.
Supporting Characters: We tend to gush over those main characters the most, but what about those supporting roles? Who are some of your favorites?

Some of my favourite characters ever have been supporting characters. Here are just a few:
Dr. Watson He is Holmes epic companion and someone who I admire, he put up with a lot through out the books but never let it interfere with his relationship. He is witty and charming and has many ideas of his own yet always puts Holmes first.
Chuck from The Maze Runner is another stand out character, I loved the way he was funny and could brighten up the mood even when something terrible was happening. He was the kind of character that everyone wants as a friend, he makes everyone feel welcome and can read a lot of peoples emotions which means he can interact with them a lot better.

8 comments:

  1. I love Molly Weasley! That is a wonderful answer. She is such a great mother!!

    New Follower :)

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't I think of Molly Weasley. I am a bad fan. I really liked the relationship between Day and his family too.
    Good picks!

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think of molly weasley and i wonder why because she is such an amazing mother especially compared to most young adult mother's who are never really in the child's life. New follower!

    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Molly is pretty popular today! Actually forgot about her! Don't you hate it when you can't think of such a simple answer when on the spot...aka writing the post. ;)

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurrah for Molly! Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Friday! Following back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answer, thanks for stopping by my blog and following, following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Molly Weasley is the big winner of the day !!!! You are SO not alone in this choice.

    New follower:
    http://michelecozzens.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete