Thursday, 10 May 2012

Crossed

***THIS REVIEW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM THE FIRST BOOK***

Rules Are Different Outside The Society

Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky--taken by the Society to his sure death--only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of a rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices every thing to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again.
Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double crosses make their path more twisted than ever.
 So, this is the second book in the series and while I did enjoy it slightly more than the first book I still had some major issues with the characters. The writing style is also different to the first in the sense that it is told in different perspectives, you have Ky's and Cassia's. I actually enjoyed this as I got to learn alot more about Ky, I can't however say the same about Cassia, I still don't feel that she has much of a personality. 

We are introduced to new characters in this book in the form of Indie and Eli, which I hope we see more of in the last book. I enjoyed finding out more about the different characters past, especially Ky's he is such an interesting character and we learned a lot about his family and why his parents are dead and how he came to live with his aunt and uncle. We don't really find out much more about Cassia's family although there are hints that not everything is as it seems within her own family. 

I feel that even though Xander doesn't play a massive part in this book his present is still felt, I liked finding out more about him through the flashbacks Ky had, Cassia does have some flashbacks as well but the are more to do with the whole Xander/Ky issue that I still don't think she knows what she's going to do.

Alot of the book is set talking about The Rising and how you can get to it, I was surprised that some characters didn't want any part in it yet others wanted to do more, I still think some of the reasons given were a bit quick minded. Again though the story moves along at a slow pace, although it didn't take me as long to read this book as it did for Matched.
  
While this book has more questions than answers I still want to read the next and find out what happens. Even though I know this series is only a trilogy I still have the urge that there should be more books in it, or even a prequel that tells you more about how Society got into power.

No comments:

Post a Comment