Sunday, 5 February 2012

In My Mailbox

In my mailbox is a meme hosted at The Story Siren, where we show what books we got during the week.

Here is mine:

Books I won:

Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood
This is a middle grade book I believe that sounds so good, it is set in a bakery which uses magic. It is the first in a series and I can't wait to start it.
Artichoke Hearts by Sita Brahmachari
This is a contempary novel that I can't wait to start.
A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix
I've never really read anything by the author before by it sounds like it will interest me, it is set in space with a million princes battling to become the Prince of the Empire.
A Dog Called Homeless by Sarah Lean
It deals with a girls grief at the death of her mother, though she thinks she sees her and no one will believe her so she decides not to talk, the only person that believes her is a dog that has been following her around.
Obernewtyn by Isobelle Carmondy
This is a fantasy book I haven't really heard much about.

Bought
Other Words For Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
I first wanted this when it was published last year but put off as it was the hardback, now it has been finally released in paperback I picked it up. I can't wait to read about 1980's New York.

Swapped
Numbers 2 + 3 by Rachel Ward
I haven't read the first yet but I know I'm going to like it so got the other concluding books in the series.
Working Stiff by Rachel Caine
I can't wait to read this, though I have heard a few mixed things about it being more sci-fi than zombie. To be honest that kinds of makes me want to read it more.
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
Who doesn't love mystery and trying to decide who is worse?
Blood and Ice by Robert Masello
I love the fact that it is set in the Arctic and it has a mystery involved with two frozen lovers!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I've been wanting to read Beautiful Malice for a while now! It sounds awesome :). And I've been wanting to read more adult paranormal novels, so I'm definitely checking Working Stiff out :)

    New follower!

    Meghan at Books and a Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read the Numbers series for ages now.

    Enjoy your books, Great IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you won a lot of books this week!! They all look great :)

    Happy reading and check out my in my mailbox!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, awesome haul!!

    Here is my IMM

    Lindsay :)
    Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set! Yay for Artichoke Hearts. I think it sounds great.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Artichoke Hearts is an interesting title... I hope you enjoy all of your books!
    my IMM is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! Bliss does sound really good! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Tara @ Shhh... Not While I'm Reading

    ReplyDelete