Friday, 27 January 2012

Follow Friday



Q: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?



I don't think there is a genre that I avoid like the plague, though I'm not keen on quite a few. So I guess it would be easier to focus on these apposed to focusing on ones that I avoid.
Up until the summer I had never read a Sci-Fi book, it was a genre that I thought I had no interest in what so ever, though after reading The Lost Fleet series I developed a love for the genre, fair enough I only like adult books from this genre and ones set in space aboard spaceships fighting inter galactic wars but it is defiantly a start. I think I always had an impression that Sci-Fi novels would lack the character development and the describes would go above my head but I actually found the characters are better in these books than a lot of others I have read.
Another genre that I'm not that keen on is fantasy, I don't know but I can never get my head around the worlds, a lot of fantasy books kind of just drop you in at the deep end. Although I have loved some of these books in the past year to name a few would be Burn Bright and Poison Study.
Overall I am willing to give anything a try. I think it is more about the mindset I am in when I pick the book up.

2 comments:

  1. New follower! Looking forward to your reviews.

    http://ohpaperpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I don't avoid any genre, but there are some that I'm not a huge fan of. : ) And I thought/think the same about Science Fiction. I want to try some Sci Fi books, but I'm not sure if I'll find some that have what I am looking for. *sigh*

    Happy Weekend!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete